Review: The Line

 While non the best dystopian fiction approximately Review: The LineThe Line yesteryear Teri Hall
My rating: 4 of five stars

While non the best dystopian fiction around, The Line for certain had an interesting floor to offer. As other reviewers convey mentioned, it is plot-driven rather than character-driven. We are made to empathise early that Rachel is a practiced girl, her woman bring upward is e'er sad, together with her mother's employer, on whose acre they live, doesn't similar to hold upward bothered. I had genuinely no data on the hired manus who helped approximately The Property, equally they telephone squall upward it, other than that he was onetime together with looked afterward Rachel when she was young.

The plot moved frontwards pretty steadily, although it took likewise long, inwards my opinion, to larn to the practiced part. I'm also left wondering what other secrets Rachel's woman bring upward could hold upward belongings back, together with why, all of a sudden, Ms. Moore became then friendly alongside the woman bring upward together with daughter. Based on her previous character, I one-half expected her to clam upward together with effort to either create things on her ain or throw them off The Property.

The mass reads real easily, although Rachel's encephalon wanders a bit. Hall tends to convey the characters larn off on inner idea tangents, which tin flaming hold upward detrimental to the menses of the story. I didn't bask that, simply I didn't heed it then much equally I would convey inwards a dissimilar form out of book. What worked inwards the 19th century doesn't quite operate now.

I concur alongside some other reviewer who said it felt to a greater extent than similar the foremost one-half of 1 mass rather than the offset mass inwards a series. I mean value that, considering it was exclusively 200-odd pages, a lot to a greater extent than could convey been done alongside it to plough it into a consummate floor rather than a mini-novel that the publisher is trying to squelch coin out of.

I volition in all probability cheque out mass 2, simply I promise it is a lot to a greater extent than fulfilling than this one. I rather enjoyed the read, simply create admit it could convey been better.

All that said, I gave it a rating of four stars because I did genuinely bask it, I finished it rapidly together with genuinely desire to read the minute book, together with the writing fashion was pretty good. Recommended for people who similar YA dystopian fiction, although don't aspect The Hunger Games out of it.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free E-Book: Evan Burl As Well As The Falling

50 Mass Challenge In Addition To Marriage (Omg)!

Review: Pearls Inwards The Ashes