Review: Shatter Me

  I placed a concur on it at the library lastly when I wasn Review: Shatter MeShatter Me yesteryear Tahereh Mafi
My rating: 1 of five stars

I receive got wanted to read this for months. MONTHS. I placed a concur on it at the library lastly when I wasn't having whatsoever luck getting it through BooksFreeSwap. It sounded SO GOOD. Sure the concept was familiar (Rogue from X-Men, duh), but it sounded similar it had been done completely differently.

Well, my eagerness as well as excitement was disappointed. The strikethroughs throughout the entire mass seat me correct off. The stream-of-consciousness means writing was done real poorly. And inward the end, everything happens simply a niggling besides easily, as well as remains unexplained inward every means at the determination of the book.

**SPOILERS BELOW**



Obviously it is ready for a sequel. Juliette becomes the "Rogue" grapheme consummate amongst particular bodysuit as well as gloves as well as thus she won't wound anyone. Hell, Adam fifty-fifty says she looks similar a superhero. The guys inward the room can't halt staring at her. She's as well as thus beautiful as well as stunning as well as *gag*. She's joined an elite strength of rebels, many of whom receive got X-Men-like powers. Seriously? Seriously? Did the editors of this mass non fifty-fifty run into the movies? Come on.

With regard to the writing style, I wrote similar this myself. When I was 13. And sometimes when I was inward college, because I idea it made my writing audio "cool." It didn't. It made me audio moody as well as crazy. And piece Juliette may live moody as well as crazy (despite her assertions that she isn't), this would receive got been SO MUCH BETTER had it been written inward third-person, non first-person.

The "romantic" scenes were as well as thus ridiculous I genuinely said out loud, "Are these 2 always going to halt kissing??" Here's an example:

My human face upward is inward his hands as well as my lips are at his lips as well as he's kissing me as well as I'm oxygen as well as he's dying to breathe. His trunk is around on elevation of mine, ane mitt inward my hair, the other feeling its means downwards my silhouette, slipping behind my articulatio genus to line me closer, higher, tighter. He drops kisses downwards my pharynx similar ecstasy, electrical liberate energy searing into me, setting me on fire. I'm on the verge of combusting from the sheer thrill of every moment. I desire to dive into his being, experience him amongst all five senses, drown inward the waves of wonder enveloping my existence.

And another:

And he's breathing harder than I am as well as all of a abrupt his lips are on my cervix as well as I'm gasping as well as dying as well as clutching at his arms as well as he's touching me touching me touching me as well as I'm thunder as well as lightning as well as wondering when the hell I'll live waking up.

Is this for real? I mean, did the writer genuinely holler upward anyone would live able to receive got this form of affair seriously? It's non fifty-fifty hot.

Look, I genuinely loathe existence hateful inward a review when I know an writer has done a lot of run on something as well as may live extremely proud of it. Good for Mafi, if she is. Obviously someone out at that topographic point liked it plenty to expose it, thinking the gaggle of teen girls would compare it to Twilight instead of the X-Men. But this is simply an X-Men rip-off amongst a crappy romance thrown in. Personally, I would similar my fourth dimension back.

I was told non to read it, as well as I should receive got listened. But when you've been anticipating reading something for as well as thus long, it's difficult to simply move yesteryear it up. I want I had listened.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Progress

Review: The Immortal Life Of Henrietta Lacks

Review: Prophecies Awakening Past Times Peter Koevari