Review: Eve

 but expert plenty to continue me reading through the whole thing Review: EveEve past times Anna Carey
My rating: 3 of five stars

Eve was good, non great, but expert plenty to continue me reading through the whole thing. The fact that schoolhouse becomes a unsafe house for Eve inwards the starting fourth dimension sets upwards a really interesting premise - women used equally breeding provender to repopulate the earth. Only it's non a natural breeding - they are implanted amongst embryos in addition to thus forced to pass the residue of their lives strapped to gurneys, giving nativity every nine months to God knows how many children. I want at that spot had been a fleck to a greater extent than data most that, such equally how many children they gave nativity to at a time. There was cite of a "litter" in addition to their stomachs beingness unnaturally bloated amongst children, but were at that spot multiples inwards there? How many? Will nosotros honor out inwards the mo installment of the series?

OK, here's my gripe: Why is it that every unmarried YA majority that comes out at 1 time is all of a abrupt business office of a series? Are YA authors unable to write a one-book story? Is it impossible for them to resolve a floor inwards 1 volume? I honestly idea Eve was a stand-alone until I got to the end, at which at that spot was no end, in addition to saw the advertizing for Once inwards the dorsum of the book. Really? I actually idea this was going to survive a stand-alone amongst a resolution at the end.

End of gripe. I estimate it's the novel "thing" today. Oh well.

***There are a few pocket-sized spoilers after this point***



Anyway. Eve was really well-written in addition to despite my preference for a third-person omniscient narrator, I didn't heed thus much that this was written from the original character's POV. There was plenty item that it didn't much thing that at that spot was no other side to the whole story. I want I could accept heard from Caleb in addition to Arden, although I estimate that's simply non business office of the story.

Lark was an unnecessary grapheme to introduce. She only served to highlight the ignorance of the girls inwards schools, which is precisely what Eve does, thus why bother creating her only to kill her a few chapters later?

Why is Califia only women? That was an interesting plot twist, but I don't teach it. I'm certain it volition survive revealed inwards majority 2, but why should the reader accept to await for that when it could accept simply equally easily been explained to Eve past times whatever of the pose out of people that she met on the road?

I'm non certain I'll selection upwards Once, equally I wasn't left equally intrigued past times this majority equally I had hoped. We'll accept to come across if I teach unopen to to it when I'm done amongst my other reading, I guess.

Pick upwards this majority if you lot are interested inwards dystopian YA fiction, although survive prepared to experience a trivial allow downward at the end.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free E-Book: Evan Burl As Well As The Falling

50 Mass Challenge In Addition To Marriage (Omg)!

Review: Pearls Inwards The Ashes