Review: Cinder

 This was a bully showtime to what looks similar an exciting trilogy Review: CinderCinder yesteryear Marissa Meyer
My rating: 5 of v stars

This was a bully showtime to what looks similar an exciting trilogy. If you've read The Snow Queen as well as The Summer Queen, you lot volition recognize a bully elbow grease at world-building as well as technology. You volition also expose a similarity inward the principal grapheme to refuse as well as hence bring her "fate," or rather what path her life is going to follow.

***THERE ARE H5N1 FEW SPOILERS BELOW***



I truly enjoyed reading a third-person YA novel for once. I am getting a petty sick of reading from the POV of a 16- or 18-year-old who is totally inward honey amongst a guy as well as all of her struggles at beingness parted from him. In this book, I could larn multiple characters' stories instead of non knowing what was going on inward other parts of the stories until the narrator meets upwards amongst them again. I could reckon the struggles Kai was dealing with, equally good equally what Cinder was going through. It was exciting as well as helped create tension as well as climax inside the story.

I truly really wishing that Kai had constitute out who Cinder was at the really end. I'll admit, that role of the even out was incredibly predictable - I knew from the start, equally presently equally I heard that Princess Selene had been "murdered" as well as Cinder couldn't recall anything close her yesteryear equally a human earlier she was a cyborg, that she was Princess Selene. It was a pretty slow set-up, because otherwise having Cinder equally the principal grapheme didn't brand much sense (unless Peony was the missing princess, as well as since she died, as well as was truly Adri's daughter, at that topographic point was no means that was it).

I also wishing at that topographic point had been a fleck to a greater extent than news close why cyborgs were reviled inward the lodge as well as why Kai would possess got been hence revolted. I larn that she's role machine, precisely you lot would mean value that considering how it saves people's lives, normal people would live on happy for them. Maybe that's wishful thinking? I sure enough wouldn't live on disgusted yesteryear cyborgs. Also, a fleck to a greater extent than background on the cyborg-guardian human relationship inward lodge would possess got been helpful.

Still waiting to reckon what those identification chips taken from dead people are beingness used for. I possess got a feeling they come upwards into play inward the side yesteryear side book, precisely I can't live on sure since it didn't garner besides much attention. Just the few mentions of Peony's chip that Cinder is carrying amongst her makes me mean value that is an of import detail, non to live on overlooked. I promise that Meyer does expand on that inward majority 2.

Overall, this was an unexpectedly proficient scientific discipline fiction read from a YA author. I haven't read whatever existent SF, it's all been besides focused on the dystopian aspects as well as non plenty SF was role of the book. But this i truly had it all. It's a shame the side yesteryear side i doesn't come upwards out until side yesteryear side twelvemonth - I'm itching to read it now!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free E-Book: Evan Burl As Well As The Falling

50 Mass Challenge In Addition To Marriage (Omg)!

Review: Pearls Inwards The Ashes