Photos: My Library Takes Shape

My reading corner
Chris as well as I moved into our novel menage a twosome of months ago, as well as spell nosotros nonetheless haven't completely gotten our materials organized, things are starting to come upward together.  Since it's merely the 2 of us (for now), he took i of the 3 bedrooms for his office, as well as I took some other for my library.

The shelves don't match, they are flood as well as double-stacked inwards some places, the books are completely unorganized, as well as I receive got yet to pass whatsoever existent fourth dimension inwards at that spot doing what I intended to do, which is read.  But it's starting to experience similar a cozy reading room, amongst my Aunt Mary Chair (also known every bit "The Ugly Chair"), which came from, y'all guessed it, my Aunt Mary.  It has this corking pinkish cloth amongst birds all over it.  It matches absolutely goose egg inwards my house, as well as I love it.

My woman bring upward suggested I receive got the chair reupholstered when I outset took possession of it 2 years ago, every bit Chris as well as I moved into our apartment.  I balked at the idea.  "Reupholster it?  What's incorrect amongst it??"  As if the garish cloth was the most beautiful affair inwards the world.  I holler back it's beautiful for several reasons: first, it came from my Aunt Mary, whom I loved dearly (and nonetheless do, fifty-fifty though she is inwards the corking beyond).  Second, I'm a sucker for pink, as well as birds.  (Slight OT minute hither - receive got y'all seen Put a Bird On It?  Chris showed me this video.  I didn't holler back it was every bit hilarious every bit he did, but I totally holler back of it right away whenever I hold back at my chair.)  Third, it is a unique slice of article of furniture amongst a corking background, as well as the cloth merely works for it!  Yeah, this affair isn't going to larn reupholstered anytime soon.  Funny affair is, my woman bring upward right away agrees amongst me.  *sly smile*

Messy corner of the library
You've noticed on the chair is a white quilt.  Well, that was a housewarming surprise from my parents (Mom?  Was Dad involved?  Who knows.  Haha).  See, my woman bring upward told me when the lace from her marriage wearing clothing didn't actually operate amongst my veil, that she was merely going to throw the affair out because it's ugly anyway.  This made me sad, because I love my mom's dress.  If I were a size two, I would receive got worn my mom's dress.  Alas, she was a skinny-minny when she got married, as well as I was not.  But I digress.  Instead of throwing away her gown (which I remind you, I love), she sent it off to last turned into a quilt.  Sewn together amongst some other cloth are pieces of the lace, as well as the satin (I holler back it's satin, I'm non upward on my fabrics) from her dress.  Yes, my pump almost exploded from happiness when I opened it upward as well as saw what it was.  Since I don't desire it to larn ruined, for right away it volition hang over my Aunt Mary Chair.  Hmm...I wonder if this corner is going to plough into the "things I cherish" corner...

Anyway, dorsum to the library.  The adjacent moving painting upward at that spot is of the other side of the room, kitty-corner to the reading corner.  The bookcase on the correct is Chris's, as well as is total of his books, as well as the i on the left is mine, as well as is also total of my books.  The bottom shelf is empty correct right away because I moved a lot of the larger books to the bookcase yesteryear my chair, as well as to the bookcase inwards the living room.  I also got rid of a bunch of books (some yesteryear accident, but I gauge if I haven't read them as well as hence I in all probability never would have), hence at that spot is some empty infinite for me to stretch the collection out a bit.

Eventually the excogitation is to receive got matching shelving, amongst the shelves all merely about the walls.  For now, it'll do.  I experience quite calm when I walk into that room, which is helped yesteryear the corking window that takes upward virtually one-half of the dorsum wall as well as looks out on our dorsum yard.  We got some actually prissy curtains for inexpensive for that room, as well as I similar to indicate out how much I paid for them every fourth dimension I hand a tour ($5 inwards the clearance bin at Boscov's.  I know!).

In the living room I receive got my barrister's bookcase as well as the built-in that came amongst the house, both of which are pretty total of my particular books as well as classics.  I promise to i twenty-four hours (soon) larn the library organized as well as archived, hence that I know what I receive got as well as what I'm missing.  I am nonetheless missing a few of my favorite books, but they've been missing through 3 moves hence yesteryear right away I'm certain they're gone.  I volition supervene upon them, someday.

It's nowhere close Belle's library inwards Disney's Beauty as well as the Beast, but it's mine.  And I'm happy to receive got it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free E-Book: Evan Burl As Well As The Falling

50 Mass Challenge In Addition To Marriage (Omg)!

Review: Pearls Inwards The Ashes