Review: Prophecies Awakening Past Times Peter Koevari

 I was given a re-create of this majority yesteryear the writer to read as well as review Review: Prophecies Awakening yesteryear Peter KoevariProphecies Awakening yesteryear Peter Koevari
My rating: 3 of v stars

**Disclaimer: I was given a re-create of this majority yesteryear the writer to read as well as review.**

Prophecies Awakening is a bully starting fourth dimension to at to the lowest degree a dyad of books. It had its ups as well as downs, but overall was an entertaining read.

There were only about high points, such equally the graphic symbol of Tusdar. He provided the few moments of comic relief, which were welcome amidst such black scenes as well as ideas. I also appreciated Vartan's graphic symbol development, but wishing at that spot had been to a greater extent than to it. There is cite of him grooming alongside the dragons, but no expansion of it. In 1 chapter he is clueless to magic, inwards the side yesteryear side he knows how to produce a ton of stuff. Magic is awesome, but how did he larn it?

Many such instances of skipping-over happened inwards the book, which I minded but non *too* much. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 scene betwixt the Elven Queen as well as 1 of her soldiers, inwards which she kisses him as well as hence apologizes for it, struck me equally strange considering she had only lost her husband, whom she had seemed to dearest hence much. More interaction as well as evolution betwixt the 2 characters would convey been welcome there. Also, many things seemed to conduct identify really quickly. I'm left wondering only how long it was betwixt the nighttime the prince killed the king, to the nighttime of the climax battle. There was cite at 1 signal that Kassina was days away from the elves' home, as well as even hence it seems similar exclusively hours afterward her basis forces is at their doorstep. Some fourth dimension context would convey been helpful. Dialogue was also a chip stilted as well as formal for only about of the situations the characters were in. Just loosen upward the tongues a picayune chip (use to a greater extent than contractions, add together inwards only about dialect) as well as it would convey had a much improve flow.

Sorry to starting fourth dimension alongside the negatives - overall, I am left alongside a pretty positive feeling on the book. I enjoyed only about of the graphic symbol evolution but experience similar I wasn't given plenty fourth dimension to "bond" alongside Aidan as well as Tusdar. The basis edifice was pretty interesting as well as I'd similar to meet to a greater extent than of it inwards the side yesteryear side book. I wishing I had a improve painting of the cities inwards my head, though, because I'm left alongside images from Lord of the Rings movies to create total inwards the blanks, as well as they don't seem right. I also saw only about parallels to Star Wars (at to the lowest degree alongside the marketplace total of off-worlders - only rang bells inwards my head), as well as fifty-fifty to Katharine Kerr's Deverry serial (considering how dragons tin plow human as well as vice versa - inwards her books humans tin plow into dragons through a really sometime as well as hard spell). I could definitely country that Mr. Koevari has thoroughly immersed himself into the fantasy genre inwards his reading, as well as that is appreciated.

This majority was a quick read (I finished inwards 1 day) and, land it wasn't perfect (so picayune fantasy is these days), it was a expert story, had a expert total of action, as well as kept me interested until the end. It also sets upward really nicely for the sequel. Although I'm non normally interested inwards vampire fiction, this wasn't quite that. There was plenty other fantasy that I could believe the vampires gibe inwards it, as well as it was worked inwards in an interesting way. I would recommend this to other fantasy readers who aren't looking for high fantasy, but instead a expert battle even out alongside interesting characters as well as a complex world.

(On Goodreads I gave this iii stars out of 5, because that is what "I liked it" represented. On Amazon, it gets four stars out of 5, because that is the equivalent of "I liked it.")

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free E-Book: Evan Burl As Well As The Falling

50 Mass Challenge In Addition To Marriage (Omg)!

Review: The Immortal Life Of Henrietta Lacks